Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Beachhead Established!

The market stalled out after Tuesday's big run-up. But our picks held on. Only AAPL and GOL took big hits (-1.5% and -2.4% respectively), although AEOS retreated a bit, too (-1.1%). None triggered a retreat (-7%), and my overall position was slightly to the good (+.4%).

I added two more purchases, as well. DRIV, which has been on my watchlist for a long time, has retraced back under 52 where it has strong support. I bought at $52.22. BWNG broke out of a cup and handle last week; I picked up 1000 shares at $12.63.

In two days I have gone from an all cash position to about 45% invested. At this point I wait to see which of my nine "soldiers" are going to move out and which ones are going to run for the rear. The cowards will be shot; the heroes will have additional shares added to their positions. In these circumstances, I will be pleased if five of these stocks live through October.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home